Organisations are increasingly adopting sustainable strategies that consider environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues as part of their day-to-day operations. As the world pays greater attention to how companies, investors and organisations behave, it is imperative to have an effective strategy. Our team can provide the advice and guidance needed to embed and develop a sustainability framework.
Sustainability is fast becoming a critical component of the business agenda. In the past, sustainability was associated primarily with environmental factors, but today it covers the full range of ESG issues and is widely seen as having an impact on an organisation’s bottom line as well as its reputation.
Mazars' sustainability strategy
A sustainability strategy is integrating economic, environmental and social goals into your business plan with the aim to create long-term value for your organisation, your stakeholders and wider society while sustaining and enhancing our natural resources for future generations. As awareness of ESG issues increases, many organisations seek to implement and embed these principles into their operations. With ESG covering a wide range of issues, such as climate change, human rights, consumer protection, employee relations and responsible management, it is essential to focus and report on those that matter most for your organisation.
We combine our extensive knowledge of ESG matters with our business expertise to provide you with the advice and support you need when developing and reporting on a sustainability strategy aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our team draws expertise from across the Mazars business and works as one in an integrated and collaborative manner, focusing on tailoring their service to ensure it is the best fit for you.
Through our collaborative approach, we can help you
- Formulate a comprehensive stakeholder engagement policy, ensuring all parties are considered, approach planned, and strategies agreed
- Identify and focus on the material topics that have the most significant impact on your activities and which matters most to stakeholders as they relate to economic, environmental and social risks that could affect your business reputation and your ability to create value
- Set up systems to measure chosen key performance indicators
Our services in Switzerland
- Preliminary diagnostic through Mazars proprietary ESG Health check tool
- Inventory and gap analysis of existing ESG information
- ESG best practices scans and benchmarks
- Stakeholder engagement and identification of most material ESG topics (Materiality matrix)
- Developing ESG and sustainability strategies
- Equal pay compliance advisory
- Performance and impact measurement - with alignment to reference frameworks, e.g. Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) or Impact Management Project (IMP)
- Alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Further services provided by our international team
- Setting up anti-corruption programmes
- GDPR compliance & data privacy and protection
- Carbon footprint assessment & energy efficiency
- Human rights strategy
Discover our others sustainability services to meet your needs:
- Reporting & assurance: Developing sustainability reporting or providing audit, assurance or certification solutions for sustainability reporting and supply chains
Discover our reporting & assurance services | sustainability
- Implementation: Advice and guidance to help your organisation embed sustainability into your strategy and governance to ensure that it is truly embracing its ethical and sustainable ethos
Discover our implementation services | sustainability