Who is concerned?
Employers with at least 100 employees must conduct an initial internal equal pay analysis for a reference month during the period from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021. The regulations apply to both private companies and public institutions (Confederation, cantons, municipalities).
What are the new obligations?
The employers whose analysis shall show that wage equality is not will have to repeat the survey every four years.
A major challenge for employers
Compiling accurate data on the academic background, specific job responsibilities and compensation packages of each of the company's employees is a major challenge. It is not only necessary to mobilise the resources needed to carry out the equal pay analysis, but also to develop and implement solutions to reduce any disparities. The measures taken after this examination will have a direct impact not only on wages, but also on wage (salary) policies and practices in order to solve the problem in a sustainable way.
Equal pay represents a challenge but also an opportunity for companies. On the one hand, employers need to minimise the risk of employee-related disputes and on the other hand, they need to be able to attract and retain talent.
1. Analysis of the gender pay gap and advice on compliance
We offer to accompany you throughout the process of analysis and compliance thanks to our proven methodology:
- Support in the compilation and organization of each employee's quality data
- Support regarding the use of the LOGIB analysis tool, provided free of charge by the Swiss Confederation
- Concrete solutions' proposal aiming to reduce the existing wage gap between women and men, both in terms of wages and overall pay policy
2. Internal analysis review
- As a licensed company within the meaning of the Audit Supervision Act, we are authorised to conduct the formal verification of the equal pay analysis and to issue the corresponding report, which must be submitted by 30 June 2022 at the latest (if we were not involved in the first advisory phase).
- The verification will cover, in particular, compliance with the deadlines set, the conformity of the method applied and the completeness and accuracy of the data used.
To find out more about how we can help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.