Swiss firms are impacted
- The GDPR legislation came into force on May 25, 2018. It will apply to any organisation active in the EU (incl. Swiss companies with EU based establishments) as well as organisations with no business facilities in the EU but are offering goods or services in the EU or are monitoring EU data subjects. In the same time, the Swiss Data Protection Act is currently undergoing a total revision with the same focus on more transparency in the processing of personal data and strengthening the self-determination of individuals.
- Within GDPR, fines can reach up to 4% of worldwide annual turnover or EUR 20 million (whichever is greater) if companies are not compliant with the new requirements.
- By highly reinforcing the data subject’s rights and the organisation’s obligations, the GDPR is likely to imply impactful transformations for companies in terms of organisation, processes and technology. Mazars will help you to transform your challenges into new opportunities.
Our fully integrated method
Our approach to GDPR compliance is deployed in 4 phases that can also be independently performed:
Phase 1 – GDPR Readiness Assessment
- High level risks evaluation and users awareness enhancement
Phase 2 – GDPR Gaps Analysis
- Detailed analysis of the risk zones in the organisation
Phase 3 – GDPR Solution Implementation
- Implementation of the designed risks mitigating recommendations
Phase 4 – GDPR Permanent Monitoring
- Recurrent audit of the GDPR compliance requirements
Our added value - Transforming regulatory constraints into economic opportunities
- Mazars offers a robust action plan: a full privacy audit, compliance within the time frame, and a road map towards opportunities.
- We strongly believe that, by creating a new relationship with your customers, based on trust, your company will stand out from the competition.
- In any organisation there are a great number of levels of data which need to be assessed, spanning different departments and disciplines. Our multi-disciplinary approach combining IT and business expertise with legal skillsets allows us to efficiently assist you on all the aspects of your organisation’s transformation towards GDPR compliance.