On 25 May 2018, the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation will come into force. At the same time, the Swiss Data Protection Act is currently undergoing a total revision. Both pieces of legislation aim to create more transparency in the processing of personal data and to strengthen the self-determination of the persons concerned. Companies are therefore forced to adapt their organisation, processes and technology to the new requirements of data protection law.
Besides a light breakfast, we highlight the following two topics for you: "Practical assistance towards GDPR readiness" - a cornerstone for implementing the new requirements - and "Preparing a GDPR-Compliant Data Processing Agreement" – a must for any outsourcing of data processing activities. We will close with a question and answer session to give you an opportunity to ask about issues of concern to you and your organisation. The event will be in English.
AGENDA 29 November 2017
- from 08:00 Door opening
- 08:05 Welcome (Nicola Benz, Beatrice Bartelt)
- 08:15 Practical Assistance for Assessing Readiness from a Data Controller Perspective (Ivan Mezui-Minko, Andreas Scherer)
- 08:35 Preparing a GDPR-Compliant Data Processing Agreement (Nicola Benz, Ronald Kogens)
- 08:55 Discussion, end of the presentation
- Where: FRORIEP | Bellerivestrasse 201 | 8008 Zürich
- Registration: until 22 November 2017 via the following button:
Please note as the number of places is limited, the registration is made on a "first come - first serve" basis.